• Need advice from experts for a cmos battery replacement of a MTX3352 oscilloscope

#1 Need advice from experts for a cmos battery replacement of a MTX3352 oscilloscope

przez mohkam 10 kwietnia 2018, 21:07
Urgent help needed !

My MTX 3352 digital oscilloscope cmos battery got low and need replacement.

Original battery specs : varta brand Li-Manganese dioxide With PCB solder tags
1/2 AA 3V-950mah, non-rechargeable battery.

Found available on the market : NX brand Lithium-thionyl chloride ER14250 1/2 AA 3.6V 1.2Ah PP (Ref : PCL9005) without solder tags.

Question : Is it risky to use the 3.6V 1.2Ah battery instead of the 3V-950mah ?
If so, do I need to use a diode to drop the +0.7V excess and then what about the +250mah ?
Or is there any simpler and more efficient circuit to fit the 3.6V without risk for my oscilloscope.

Thanks

Re: Need advice from experts for a cmos battery replacement of a MTX3352 oscilloscope

przez Google Adsense [BOT] 10 kwietnia 2018, 21:07

#2 Re: Need advice from experts for a cmos battery replacement of a MTX3352 oscilloscop

przez Vogelek23 10 kwietnia 2018, 23:15
mohkam napisał(a):Is it risky to use the 3.6V 1.2Ah battery instead of the 3V-950mah ?
Yes, as this battery (3.6V) has no solder tags - how do you intend to fix these pins? I hope you do NOT think about soldering? You can buy an original battery here in your country: http://int.rsdelivers.com/product/varta ... ry/2409459 - but you may need to ask them before purchasing as it is a lithum-manganese battery which may be refused to ship through a standard postal or carrier services.

#3 Re: Need advice from experts for a cmos battery replacement of a MTX3352 oscilloscop  [ROZWIĄZANY]

przez mohkam 15 kwietnia 2018, 21:53
Problem was solved by soldering a 3V Li-Manganese dioxide battery 1200A instead of the 3V-950mah with PCB solder tags, and gluing the battery to the mobo for better security.

Please note that the initial issue was my oscilloscope refused to turn on : it always went to sleep mode, when switched on. Replacing the cmos battery solved the issue. This might help other members having same problem.

Re: Need advice from experts for a cmos battery replacement of a MTX3352 oscilloscop  [ROZWIĄZANY]

przez Google Adsense [BOT] 15 kwietnia 2018, 21:53