• ACER V5-591G DA0ZRYMB8G0 not charging

Zasady działu:Kliknij, aby przejrzeć zasady tego działu

1. Tytuł wątku powinien zawierać markę i pełny model sprzętu oraz skrótowy opis usterki.
  2. Treść wątku powinna zawierać dokładny opis usterki, co zostało sprawdzone/wymienione/zmierzone, wyniki tych działań, oznaczenie kodowe PCB (w przypadku napraw hardware) oraz sformułowane pytanie. W przypadku problemów z odczytaniem oznaczenia kodowego PCB, należy przeczytać TEN WĄTEK. Jeśli nadal nie można znaleźć oznaczenia, należy zamieścić wyraźne zdjęcia obu stron płyty - należy przy tym usunąć wszelkie folie i moduły, mogące ewentualnie zasłaniać oznaczenia płyty.
  3. Przed napisaniem nowego tematu, każdy użytkownik zobowiązany jest zapoznać się z wątkami w dziale SZKOLENIA i na ich podstawie dokonać próby wstępnej diagnostyki uszkodzenia.
  4. Nie jest dozwolone umieszczanie załączników w postaci kompletnych dokumentacji, a także wsadów BIOS (do tego służy dział PLIKI BIOS DO WERYFIKACJI). Dozwolone jest wyłącznie umieszczenie fragmentu dokumentacji, który ułatwi autorowi diagnostykę/naprawę sprzętu z wątku. W jednym poście można zamieścić nie więcej, niż jedną stronę instrukcji/schematu. Plik nie może posiadać widocznych znaków wodnych, napisów "confidential", adresów email etc.
  5. Nie jest dozwolone zamieszczanie linków do plików, znajdujących się na innych stronach internetowych.
  6. Nie jest dozwolone zakładanie tematu, który opisuje usterkę więcej niż jednego sprzętu. W takich przypadkach należy utworzyć osobne wątki dla każdego sprzętu.
  7. Nie jest dozwolone pisanie tematu lub postu, mającego charakter zapytania o schemat, boardview, zdjęcia płyty, wsad BIOS lub instrukcję serwisową. Do takich zapytań służy dział ZAPYTANIA O DOKUMENTACJE/BIOS.
To jest wątek ARCHIWALNY. Możesz odpowiedzieć w nim tylko wtedy, gdy Twój post zawiera rozwiązanie problemu (Regulamin forum p. 12.1).

#1 ACER V5-591G DA0ZRYMB8G0 not charging

przez AK15 25 sierpnia 2023, 21:20
Hi everybody,

I have this laptop everything is working fine, I can boot on windows with the battery and with the charger. I can see the charging sign on windows. The laptop thinks it s charging but it’s not. I checked with the power supply and the battery is taking 1mA… and the battery is blinking. So I thought it was a battery issue as it is a brand new one. The battery was around 24% So what I did I tried to charge it directly from the psu and it’s taking the charge and it is around 45% now.

I changed the BQ, I checked the voltages :

PIN 1 : 19.3V
Pin 2 : 19.3V
Pin 5 : 3V
Pin 6: 2.6V
Pin 19 : 11.31V
Pin 20 : 11.31V
PIN 24: 6V

Could you help me please ? :frustry:

Re: ACER V5-591G DA0ZRYMB8G0 not charging

przez Google Adsense [BOT] 25 sierpnia 2023, 21:20

#2 Re: ACER V5-591G DA0ZRYMB8G0 not charging

przez Vogelek23 26 sierpnia 2023, 11:47
First of all, you should not charge the battery using power supply as it may damage it quite quickly. Please measure the voltage to ground on all pins of battery connector (PJ1) with both battery and charger connected. After that, please disconnect all the power (battery and charger), wait 1-2 minutes until all the capacitors discharge and then, measure the resistances BETWEEN pins 1 and 2 and, BETWEEN pins 19 and 20 of charger chip (PU3).

#3 Re: ACER V5-591G DA0ZRYMB8G0 not charging

przez AK15 26 sierpnia 2023, 13:42
Hi Vogelek,
First of all, thanks for your help.
PJ1 (battery and charger connected) :
PIN 1 —> 0V
PIN 2 —> 0V
PIN 3 —> 3.22v
PIN 4 —> 3.23v
PIN 5 —> 0.033V
PIN 6 —> 0v
PIN 7 —> 11.13v
PIN 8 —> 11.13v

PU3 (battery and charged disconnected):
Resistance Between pin 1 & 2 : 0.5 Ohms
Resistance Between pin 19 & 20 : 20.8 Ohms

#4 Re: ACER V5-591G DA0ZRYMB8G0 not charging

przez Vogelek23 26 sierpnia 2023, 14:01
Now please disconnect battery, connect power supply and remeasure the voltages to ground on all pins of PJ1. Do you have an oscilloscope? If so, please post the oscillograms on pins 3 and 4 of PJ1 battery connector while the battery and power supply are both connected.

For safety, please stick to these general rules: when disconnecting battery and power supply, first we always disconnect power supply and then the battery. When connecting the battery and power supply back, first we always connect battery and then the power supply.

#5 Re: ACER V5-591G DA0ZRYMB8G0 not charging

przez AK15 26 sierpnia 2023, 14:50
Unfortunately I do not have an oscilloscope.

PJ1 (battery disconnected and power supply connected) :
PIN 1 —> 0V
PIN 2 —> 0V
PIN 3 —> 3.31v
PIN 4 —> 3.31v
PIN 5 —> 3.01V
PIN 6 —> 0v
PIN 7 —> 0.22v
PIN 8 —> 0.22v

#7 Re: ACER V5-591G DA0ZRYMB8G0 not charging

przez AK15 26 sierpnia 2023, 15:05
Obrazek

#8 Re: ACER V5-591G DA0ZRYMB8G0 not charging

przez Vogelek23 26 sierpnia 2023, 16:11
Do you have any other battery that you can test the computer with? What was the reason of replacing the original battery with that copy? It seems it's all fine with the charging circuit so I anticipate the battery may be faulty.

#9 Re: ACER V5-591G DA0ZRYMB8G0 not charging

przez AK15 26 sierpnia 2023, 16:35
Unfortunately I do not have another battery to test, the original one is completely dead and was no longer taking the charge. As I have the laptop since 2016 I guess it is pretty normal. I tied to reset the battery by pressing the button on the motherboard but nothing happened :/

#10 Re: ACER V5-591G DA0ZRYMB8G0 not charging

przez Vogelek23 28 sierpnia 2023, 11:36
AK15 napisał(a):I tied to reset the battery by pressing the button on the motherboard but nothing happened :/
This button is not designed for battery resetting but only for disconnecting its power from the motherboard without disconnecting it physically. All measurements point to the faulty battery so it is necessary to test the motherboard with a known good working battery at this stage.

#11 Re: ACER V5-591G DA0ZRYMB8G0 not charging

przez AK15 29 sierpnia 2023, 22:00
Ok I ordered a new battery and unfortunately it still not charging :/
Do you think the BQ can be faulty ?

#13 Re: ACER V5-591G DA0ZRYMB8G0 not charging

przez AK15 30 sierpnia 2023, 22:46
PU3 (Charger and battery connected):
Pin 11: 3.21v
Pin 12: 3.23v

Re: ACER V5-591G DA0ZRYMB8G0 not charging

przez Google Adsense [BOT] 30 sierpnia 2023, 22:46
To jest wątek ARCHIWALNY. Możesz odpowiedzieć w nim tylko wtedy, gdy Twój post zawiera rozwiązanie problemu (Regulamin forum p. 12.1).