• hp 17-ab031ng - 3V and 5V missing, no power

Zasady działu:Kliknij, aby przejrzeć zasady tego działu

1. Tytuł wątku powinien zawierać markę i pełny model sprzętu oraz skrótowy opis usterki.
  2. Treść wątku powinna zawierać dokładny opis usterki, co zostało sprawdzone/wymienione/zmierzone, wyniki tych działań, oznaczenie kodowe płyty głównej (w przypadku napraw hardware) oraz sformułowane pytanie. W przypadku problemów z odczytaniem oznaczenia kodowego płyty, należy przeczytać TEN WĄTEK. Jeśli nadal nie możesz znaleźć oznaczenia, powinieneś zamieścić wyraźne zdjęcia obu stron płyty - należy przy tym usunąć wszelkie folie i moduły, mogące ewentualnie zasłaniać oznaczenia płyty.
  3. Przed napisaniem nowego tematu, każdy użytkownik zobowiązany jest zapoznać się z wątkami w dziale SZKOLENIA i na ich podstawie dokonać próby wstępnej diagnostyki uszkodzenia.
  4. Nie jest dozwolone umieszczanie załączników w postaci kompletnych dokumentacji, a także wsadów BIOS (do tego służy dział PLIKI BIOS DO WERYFIKACJI). Dozwolone jest wyłącznie umieszczenie fragmentu dokumentacji, który ułatwi autorowi diagnostykę/naprawę sprzętu z wątku. W jednym poście można zamieścić nie więcej, niż jedną stronę instrukcji/schematu. Plik nie może posiadać widocznych znaków wodnych, napisów "confidential", adresów email etc.
  5. Nie jest dozwolone zamieszczanie linków do plików, znajdujących się na innych stronach internetowych.
  6. Nie jest dozwolone zakładanie tematu, który opisuje usterkę więcej niż jednego sprzętu. W takich przypadkach należy utworzyć osobne wątki dla każdego sprzętu.
  7. Nie jest dozwolone pisanie tematu lub postu, mającego charakter zapytania o schemat, boardview, zdjęcia płyty, wsad BIOS lub instrukcję serwisową. Do takich zapytań służy dział ZAPYTANIA O DOKUMENTACJE/BIOS.
To jest wątek ARCHIWALNY. Możesz odpowiedzieć w nim tylko wtedy, gdy Twój post zawiera rozwiązanie problemu (Regulamin forum p. 12.1).

#1 hp 17-ab031ng - 3V and 5V missing, no power

przez hussam 12 marca 2018, 04:52
Hello everyone.

I am trying to fix a DAG37AMB8D0 rev.D motherboard. I need your help to identify the problem.
I have 19V in all the motherboard but 3.3V and 5V are missing in some places such as BIOS pin #8, but I can see 3.3V in battery connector.

PU2001 does not preduce +3VS5.
PU2002 the same threre is no +5VS5

S5_ON is 0V.

Could any one help here?

Re: hp 17-ab031ng - 3V and 5V missing, no power

przez Google Adsense [BOT] 12 marca 2018, 04:52

#2 Re: hp 17-ab031ng - 3V and 5V missing, no power

przez Vogelek23 12 marca 2018, 13:14
Please measure the voltages on pins: 1, 5, 6, 7 and 8 of PU2001 (connected power supply only, no battery).

#3 Re: hp 17-ab031ng - 3V and 5V missing, no power

przez hussam 13 marca 2018, 22:56
Vogelek23 napisał(a):Please measure the voltages on pins: 1, 5, 6, 7 and 8 of PU2001 (connected power supply only, no battery).

Yesterday I tried to power up the motherboard without the daughter board switch by shorting the 3.3v pin with ground and the board started all the lights on and i touched the cpu and it was hot. I had screwed the heat sink to try one more time and again it start. I turned it off and connected the lcd cable to see if it work then tried one more time to short 3.3 to ground and i noticed a spark then the charger led turned off and PU2001 starts to get very hot. I taked measurements for pu2001 i noticed a short to ground in pin number 4 (sy8208bvout) i traced it and found that it connected to +3vs5. Now +3vs5 is shorted to ground everywhere in the motherboard.

Any ideas what can be wrong now?

#4 Re: hp 17-ab031ng - 3V and 5V missing, no power

przez Vogelek23 14 marca 2018, 00:36
You should only do a measurements I have asked for. Now you need to desolder PJP2001 jumper and check which pad you have a short circuit on. If the "output" pad is shortened (the one not connected with PL2001), you must perform a "short test" (described in TRAINING subforum) on +3VS5 power rail.

#5 Re: hp 17-ab031ng - 3V and 5V missing, no power

przez hussam 14 marca 2018, 02:16
Vogelek23 napisał(a):You should only do a measurements I have asked for. Now you need to desolder PJP2001 jumper and check which pad you have a short circuit on. If the "output" pad is shortened (the one not connected with PL2001), you must perform a "short test" (described in TRAINING subforum) on +3VS5 power rail.

I had already cut the track before pjp2001 to isolate pu2001 the short is gone from pu2001 but still exist every where in the board . from pjp2001 there is alot of connections to check . i had applied voltage after pjp2001 to see what is shorted . I had applied 3 amp 1.2 volt i noticed that the only thing that getting hot is the south bridge u5100 . i am not sure if it is damaged or because of the short it is getting hot .

I do not know how to give you a help?

#6 Re: hp 17-ab031ng - 3V and 5V missing, no power

przez Vogelek23 15 marca 2018, 00:10
hussam napisał(a): I had applied 3 amp 1.2 volt i noticed that the only thing that getting hot is the south bridge u5100
PCH (U5100) needs to be replaced. It should NOT be hot when you put as low as 1,2V on a +3VS5 power rail.

Re: hp 17-ab031ng - 3V and 5V missing, no power

przez Google Adsense [BOT] 15 marca 2018, 00:10
To jest wątek ARCHIWALNY. Możesz odpowiedzieć w nim tylko wtedy, gdy Twój post zawiera rozwiązanie problemu (Regulamin forum p. 12.1).