• Asus zenbook ux51vz (u500vz) with FAN stuck at full on 100%

Zasady działu:Kliknij, aby przejrzeć zasady tego działu

1. Tytuł wątku powinien zawierać markę i pełny model sprzętu oraz skrótowy opis usterki.
  2. Treść wątku powinna zawierać dokładny opis usterki, co zostało sprawdzone/wymienione/zmierzone, wyniki tych działań, oznaczenie kodowe płyty głównej (w przypadku napraw hardware) oraz sformułowane pytanie. W przypadku problemów z odczytaniem oznaczenia kodowego płyty, należy przeczytać TEN WĄTEK. Jeśli nadal nie możesz znaleźć oznaczenia, powinieneś zamieścić wyraźne zdjęcia obu stron płyty - należy przy tym usunąć wszelkie folie i moduły, mogące ewentualnie zasłaniać oznaczenia płyty.
  3. Przed napisaniem nowego tematu, każdy użytkownik zobowiązany jest zapoznać się z wątkami w dziale SZKOLENIA i na ich podstawie dokonać próby wstępnej diagnostyki uszkodzenia.
  4. Nie jest dozwolone umieszczanie załączników w postaci kompletnych dokumentacji, a także wsadów BIOS (do tego służy dział PLIKI BIOS DO WERYFIKACJI). Dozwolone jest wyłącznie umieszczenie fragmentu dokumentacji, który ułatwi autorowi diagnostykę/naprawę sprzętu z wątku. W jednym poście można zamieścić nie więcej, niż jedną stronę instrukcji/schematu. Plik nie może posiadać widocznych znaków wodnych, napisów "confidential", adresów email etc.
  5. Nie jest dozwolone zamieszczanie linków do plików, znajdujących się na innych stronach internetowych.
  6. Nie jest dozwolone zakładanie tematu, który opisuje usterkę więcej niż jednego sprzętu. W takich przypadkach należy utworzyć osobne wątki dla każdego sprzętu.
  7. Nie jest dozwolone pisanie tematu lub postu, mającego charakter zapytania o schemat, boardview, zdjęcia płyty, wsad BIOS lub instrukcję serwisową. Do takich zapytań służy dział ZAPYTANIA O DOKUMENTACJE/BIOS.
To jest wątek ARCHIWALNY. Możesz odpowiedzieć w nim tylko wtedy, gdy Twój post zawiera rozwiązanie problemu (Regulamin forum p. 12.1).

#1 Asus zenbook ux51vz (u500vz) with FAN stuck at full on 100%

przez lacremacatalana 23 września 2017, 19:41
Hi

This is my first post in the forum. I hope somebody can help me with my problem.

I have a ux51vz with water damage on the motherboard. I could not find a solution for it so I decided to get a replacement board. I got a replacement board from aliexpress and I was expecting to have a fully working board but it came with a problem with the FANs stuck all the time at 100%. They do not throttle or change velocity depending on temperature. FAN is full on at 100% speed and makes a horrible noise.

I've tested the FANs to rule out possible FAN malfunctions due to the water damage but they seem to work fine. both tachometer and PWM signals.
I've also tried to overwrite BIOS with original ASUS bios and winflash (bios UX51VZAAS203 and UX51VZAAS204) but neither did fix the problem.
I've also tried fancontrol software to see if I could at least change the speed manually but this didn't work either.

Looking at the schematics of the motherboard the PWM signal comes from the IT8517 controller and goes straight to the FAN with only a capacitor to gnd. No middle transistors or mosfets. There are two fans on this particular motherboard tied to different PWM pins on the IT8517 controller and both have the same problem.

So does anybody have seen this problem before in asus motherboards? Is there anything else I can try to make it work before I try to desolder and change the IT8517 controller?

Thanks

Obrazek
Obrazek

Re: Asus zenbook ux51vz (u500vz) with FAN stuck at full on 100%

przez Google Adsense [BOT] 23 września 2017, 19:41

#2 Re: Asus zenbook ux51vz (u500vz) with FAN stuck at full on 100%

przez Vogelek23 24 września 2017, 20:16
lacremacatalana napisał(a): I got a replacement board from aliexpress and I was expecting to have a fully working board but it came with a problem with the FANs stuck all the time at 100%.
You should ship this MB back to the seller and request for full refund, I think.

lacremacatalana napisał(a):Is there anything else I can try to make it work
You should clear ME Region on BIOS first (or request ME Region cleaning on DOCUMENTATION/BIOS REQUEST subforum) but this way you will loose a warranty.

#3 Re: Asus zenbook ux51vz (u500vz) with FAN stuck at full on 100%

przez lacremacatalana 13 października 2017, 16:55
Thanks Vogelek23 for the info.

I´m a bit reticent to send back the board and pay the shipping (I have to pay it) to get a new board with the same problem. It´s a big risk and at least now I have a working computer

I could try the clear ME Region, but I have no clue how to start with that.

Any body knows a good place/tutorial to get started?

Thanks again

#4 Re: Asus zenbook ux51vz (u500vz) with FAN stuck at full on 100%

przez Vogelek23 13 października 2017, 23:44
lacremacatalana napisał(a):Any body knows a good place/tutorial to get started?
As I wrote before, you can dump your BIOS to the file and request ME Region cleaning in the proper forum.

#5 Re: Asus zenbook ux51vz (u500vz) with FAN stuck at full on 100%

przez lacremacatalana 14 listopada 2017, 14:41
Hi All

Vogelek23 napisał(a):As I wrote before, you can dump your BIOS to the file and request ME Region cleaning in the proper forum.

I want to create a dump of my BIOS, I've been searching the entire forum and googling around but I couldn't find any details on how to create a BIOS dump. Do I need an external programmer/reader and desolder the bios chip or is it something I can do via software?

It is an asus u500vz

I got a second broken laptop, same model than the one before (u500vz). Also with a broken motherboard. I ordered a second refurbished board from Aliexpress hoping that this time will be ok and it came also with the same problem. FANs are all time 100% ON. So I hope this can be fixed with a clear ME procedure. I just need to know how to do it and request it.

Thans for your help

#6 Re: Asus zenbook ux51vz (u500vz) with FAN stuck at full on 100%

przez Lesio23 14 listopada 2017, 15:20
I want to create a dump of my BIOS, I've been searching the entire forum and googling around but I couldn't find any details on how to create a BIOS dump. Do I need an external programmer/reader and desolder the bios chip or is it something I can do via software?

You must have a bios programmer, such as TL866.
You need to desoldering the bios chip, and read it in the programmer.

Re: Asus zenbook ux51vz (u500vz) with FAN stuck at full on 100%

przez Google Adsense [BOT] 14 listopada 2017, 15:20
To jest wątek ARCHIWALNY. Możesz odpowiedzieć w nim tylko wtedy, gdy Twój post zawiera rozwiązanie problemu (Regulamin forum p. 12.1).