• Dell Inspiron 5570 LA-F115P Not Charging

Zasady działu:Kliknij, aby przejrzeć zasady tego działu

1. Tytuł wątku powinien zawierać markę i pełny model sprzętu oraz skrótowy opis usterki.
  2. Treść wątku powinna zawierać dokładny opis usterki, co zostało sprawdzone/wymienione/zmierzone, wyniki tych działań, oznaczenie kodowe płyty głównej (w przypadku napraw hardware) oraz sformułowane pytanie. W przypadku problemów z odczytaniem oznaczenia kodowego płyty, należy przeczytać TEN WĄTEK. Jeśli nadal nie możesz znaleźć oznaczenia, powinieneś zamieścić wyraźne zdjęcia obu stron płyty - należy przy tym usunąć wszelkie folie i moduły, mogące ewentualnie zasłaniać oznaczenia płyty.
  3. Przed napisaniem nowego tematu, każdy użytkownik zobowiązany jest zapoznać się z wątkami w dziale SZKOLENIA i na ich podstawie dokonać próby wstępnej diagnostyki uszkodzenia.
  4. Nie jest dozwolone umieszczanie załączników w postaci kompletnych dokumentacji, a także wsadów BIOS (do tego służy dział PLIKI BIOS DO WERYFIKACJI). Dozwolone jest wyłącznie umieszczenie fragmentu dokumentacji, który ułatwi autorowi diagnostykę/naprawę sprzętu z wątku. W jednym poście można zamieścić nie więcej, niż jedną stronę instrukcji/schematu. Plik nie może posiadać widocznych znaków wodnych, napisów "confidential", adresów email etc.
  5. Nie jest dozwolone zamieszczanie linków do plików, znajdujących się na innych stronach internetowych.
  6. Nie jest dozwolone zakładanie tematu, który opisuje usterkę więcej niż jednego sprzętu. W takich przypadkach należy utworzyć osobne wątki dla każdego sprzętu.
  7. Nie jest dozwolone pisanie tematu lub postu, mającego charakter zapytania o schemat, boardview, zdjęcia płyty, wsad BIOS lub instrukcję serwisową. Do takich zapytań służy dział ZAPYTANIA O DOKUMENTACJE/BIOS.
To jest wątek ARCHIWALNY. Możesz odpowiedzieć w nim tylko wtedy, gdy Twój post zawiera rozwiązanie problemu (Regulamin forum p. 12.1).

#1 Dell Inspiron 5570 LA-F115P Not Charging

przez Simple 24 stycznia 2020, 06:49
I have a Dell Inspiron 5570 which stopped charging, having checked the board CAL50/DAL10 LA-F115P, I found a burnt transistor that I could not identify.

This is the same problem as the post below, which is marked as solved:
DELL INSPIRON 5570 PŁYTA LA-F115P PROŚBA O IDENTYFIKACJE ELEMENTÓW
dell-inspiron-5570-plyta-la-f115p-prosba-o-identyfikacje-elementow-t56409.html?hilit=*dell%205570*

So, I took the board out and when I wanted to fit the part PD1 = PESD5V0U2BT, I noticed that it is 3mm wide and not 2mm wide as the one on already on the board and obviously did not fit.

Does anyone have the exact part replacement or the CAL50/DAL10 LA-F115P schematic.

Simple.

Re: Dell Inspiron 5570 LA-F115P Not Charging

przez Google Adsense [BOT] 24 stycznia 2020, 06:49

#2 Re: Dell Inspiron 5570 LA-F115P Not Charging

przez Vogelek23 24 stycznia 2020, 13:21
Simple napisał(a):Does anyone have the exact part replacement
Yes - it is TVNST52302AB0 (SOT523-3 footprint).

#3 Re: Dell Inspiron 5570 LA-F115P Not Charging

przez Simple 24 stycznia 2020, 18:23
Thanks Vogelek23,
I would be grateful if you could confirm if the other part (EMI Suppression Filter) BLM15AG102SN1D which is identified in the other post as well, the same or a different one?
TIA, Simple

#4 Re: Dell Inspiron 5570 LA-F115P Not Charging

przez Vogelek23 25 stycznia 2020, 09:51
Yes I can confirm that BLM15AG102SN1D is the right choke (0402 footprint).

#5 Re: Dell Inspiron 5570 LA-F115P Not Charging

przez Simple 25 stycznia 2020, 10:41
Thanks again Vogelek23,

I searched the internet but could not find TVNST52302AB0 with SOT523 packaging in Europe. But I found it on AliExpress. I will order it (it will take 3 to 5 weeks) and replace the faulty one, then report if it solved my problem. I hope this is the only problem I have.

P.S Please advise if you know of a quicker place to order it.

Simple.

#6 Re: Dell Inspiron 5570 LA-F115P Not Charging

przez Vogelek23 25 stycznia 2020, 10:51
Simple napisał(a):P.S Please advise if you know of a quicker place to order it.
Please update your location so it will be easier to direct you. Suitable replacement you can use is D5V0L2B3W (SOT323 but likely a similar dimensions as for SOT523), available here: https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/tvs-diodes/7704780/. The other one can be D5V0L2B3T which is SOT523 one, available here: https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/tvs-diodes/7704787/

#7 Re: Dell Inspiron 5570 LA-F115P Not Charging

przez Simple 26 stycznia 2020, 06:37
Thanks Vogelek23,
I am in Dublin Ireland,
RS is closed for the month of January as they are refurbishing their premises. But Farnell is open and they keep the W variant (SOT323) that is 0.5mm wider than the T (SOT523) which they don't keep.
Simple.

#8 Re: Dell Inspiron 5570 LA-F115P Not Charging

przez Vogelek23 26 stycznia 2020, 09:59
Simple napisał(a):RS is closed for the month of January as they are refurbishing their premises.
I have checked https://ie.rs-online.com and they actually say "there will be no collection service available during this time". It means shipments are carried out as usual, you only cannot collect your order in person. I have just checked if I can order this part to be shipped to your location - RS-Online says YES with 2 working days delivery.

#9 Re: Dell Inspiron 5570 LA-F115P Not Charging

przez clops35 26 stycznia 2020, 10:25
Simple napisał(a): am in Dublin Ireland,
RS is closed for the month of January as they are refurbishing their premises. But Farnell is open and they keep the W variant (SOT323) that is 0.5mm wider than the T (SOT523) which they don't keep.
Simple.

https://www.tme.eu/ie/en/details/d5v0l2 ... orporated/

#10 Re: Dell Inspiron 5570 LA-F115P Not Charging

przez Vogelek23 26 stycznia 2020, 10:29
clops35 napisał(a):https://www.tme.eu/ie/en/details/d5v0l2 ... orporated/
Stock Level: 0 :| Please check next time before you post.

#11 Re: Dell Inspiron 5570 LA-F115P Not Charging

przez Simple 26 stycznia 2020, 17:48
Thanks Guys,
What I am trying to fix is my own laptop and all I need is one diode. But in Ireland, we are at disadvantage when it come to online shopping, compared to UK.
- The cost of the diodes from RS UK, minimum 50: £8.60 + £1.72 VAT + Free Delivery = £10.32
- The cost of 50 diodes from RS Ireland: €10.25 + €4.40 Delivery + €3.37 VAT = €18.02
- The cost of ordering 5 diodes from Farnell Ireland: €1.40 + €4.90 (Handling Charges) + VAT, Free Delivery = €7.74
- The cost of buying 2 diodes from Aliexpress, €0.35 + €1.02 shipping using China "snail" mail = €1.37
I hope you are not having the same problem in the rest of the EU.
Best regards, Simple.

#12 Re: Dell Inspiron 5570 LA-F115P Not Charging

przez Vogelek23 27 stycznia 2020, 05:40
It is completely up to you how long you're gonna wait for delivery. Most of us try to avoid delays as delivery from China = around 2-4 weeks and many of our customers cannot afford that. However, if you don't care how long you'll be waiting for that diode, you are free to get it at cheapest price from Aliexpress. It is all about the balance between price and time - everyone has different needs.

As the main thread is already solved (component identification), I'm going to close this topic. If the author is willing to update it with any important information, please message me via PM.

#13 Re: Dell Inspiron 5570 LA-F115P Not Charging

przez Simple 9 lutego 2020, 20:40
I got the parts from Farnell, but after removing the filter and the burnt Diode, I found some burn damage on the motherboard underneath the diode. I hope no other components are fried.

Also one of the pads peeled-off, it seems to be unconnected. Is it really unconnected and its purpose is to help fix the diode in place? Or is it connected to somewhere?

Is there a circuit diagram for this board?

Obrazek

I have attach a photo for your attention.

Thanks in advance. Simple.

#14 Re: Dell Inspiron 5570 LA-F115P Not Charging

przez Vogelek23 9 lutego 2020, 20:47
You should clean that burnt place (use an isoprophyl alcohol first) and then, try to figure out if any of middle layers of PCB are also burnt. Unfortunately, there is no schematic diagram for that MB available at the moment. That peeled off pad is not connected indeed.

#15 Re: Dell Inspiron 5570 LA-F115P Not Charging

przez Simple 9 lutego 2020, 21:30
@Vogelek23,
First, you are one of the best forum moderators I have joined, helpful, friendly and prompt.
Second, I actually cleaned the board with alcohol, but I am trying to avoid digging further. If I know where is the burnt pad leading to; I will use a wire and call it a day.
One more question, as far as I recollect, with board out, if I replace the broken parts and connect power to the board without connecting the battery or on/off switch or any other connector, the power LED should light-on! and if it does not light-on then there is an issue! isn't it?
May be someone can advise.
Regards, Simple.

#16 Re: Dell Inspiron 5570 LA-F115P Not Charging

przez Vogelek23 9 lutego 2020, 23:08
Simple napisał(a):First, you are one of the best forum moderators I have joined, helpful, friendly and prompt.
Thank you for your kind words. I'm just the way all administrators should be (IMO).

Simple napisał(a):If I know where is the burnt pad leading to; I will use a wire and call it a day.
There is no burnt pad actually - you have one pad (upper right) connected to a (removed) ferrite bead (that connection is not broken), and the another (lower) connected to the via and to the pad of component which is not assembled (so the lower pad is actually connected to the via only and this connection is not broken as well). The upper left (missing) pad is a NC (not connected) one, so don't care about it. Can you please share a photo of this area after cleaning? I believe that if you solder a new components on, the MB should start work, but it is always better to take a second look after cleaning.

Simple napisał(a):One more question, as far as I recollect, with board out, if I replace the broken parts and connect power to the board without connecting the battery or on/off switch or any other connector, the power LED should light-on! and if it does not light-on then there is an issue! isn't it?
Honestly, I'm not sure. The MB should likely fire up automatically (without power button pressed) if you connect power supply with RTC battery disconnected. But be careful here! I do not recommend disconnecting the RTC battery if you don't know that particular MB, because some of motherboards automatically set a supervisor BIOS password when RTC battery is disconnected and power given - and we do not need that, do we?

#17 Re: Dell Inspiron 5570 LA-F115P Not Charging

przez Simple 10 lutego 2020, 12:38
Thank you for the replies,
I will be careful when connecting power and I will certainly share the progress news and photos, but I will probably work on it on the weekend.
In the meantime, I hope someone can advise on the LED issue as it could help indicate that soldering and other parts are fine before reassembling parts.
Simple.

#18 Re: Dell Inspiron 5570 LA-F115P Not Charging

przez Simple 16 lutego 2020, 19:33
I worked on the board for quite some time today and soldered the filter and the diode. Alas, it did not work.
The power led does not light when the adapter is connected neither does it light when the USB C is connected. I must have damaged some other component due to heat or something.
Here is a photo of the work. One of the diode legs is not connected.
Obrazek

#19 Re: Dell Inspiron 5570 LA-F115P Not Charging

przez Vogelek23 16 lutego 2020, 20:52
Please measure the voltages to ground on the highlighted pins (PSU connected, battery disconnected):

Obrazek

#20 Re: Dell Inspiron 5570 LA-F115P Not Charging

przez Simple 17 lutego 2020, 06:21
Hi Vogelek23,

The measurements with Adapter/Charger connected and battery disconnected were as follows and shown in the picture:
Both ends of the filter around 0.025 Volts
At the bottom of the diode 0.00 Volts
At the mosfet 3.010 Volts
Obrazek

I have taken further voltage readings under the same conditions as before, hoping this may shed some light on the issue. They are marked on the photo.
Obrazek

Best regards, Simple.

Re: Dell Inspiron 5570 LA-F115P Not Charging

przez Google Adsense [BOT] 17 lutego 2020, 06:21
To jest wątek ARCHIWALNY. Możesz odpowiedzieć w nim tylko wtedy, gdy Twój post zawiera rozwiązanie problemu (Regulamin forum p. 12.1).